APPLICATIONS FOR 2013 SUMMER POSITIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE.
Find Out About Cascades Camp and the Opportunities Offered for Summer Staff 2013!
When you’re ready to begin the process of applying for Summer Staff 2013, check out the online application (see link at bottom of page). Fill out the online form, contact your references and submit your application.
What Goes on at Cascades During the Summer Months?
- Camp Timber Rock welcomes hundreds of Middle School and High School aged campers each summer who laugh, swim and play all week. They are challenged by the truth of God’s word, inspirational speakers and meaningful Bible studies. They also witness Christ’s love lived out in counselors and staff.
- Brightwood Station is a railroad-themed camp that plays host to hundreds of elementary aged campers each summer. These campers experience traditional camp activities like arts and crafts, archery, singing songs around the campfire, and draw inspiration from God revealed through counselors and staff.
- Sunrise Ranch campers learn to ride and care for horses, enjoy crazy games and ride through endless miles of beautiful forest trails. Drawn by a love of horses, they find the love of a Savior they can take home with them to change their lives forever.
- Rainier Kids Day Camp hosts first through sixth grade students from our local Yelm area, this exciting new program made it’s debut in 2009 and promises be a new camp favorite. Kids come and “get away” to camp 5 days a week and have tons of fun playing games, singing at Jubilation, exploring the outdoors, and learning about God.
- Family Camps for children of all ages provide exciting recreation, motivating speakers, and a sense of belonging to the Family of God.
- The Conference Center hosts over 14,000 guests year round, of which 7,000 stay during summer months. These guests are groups of people from various Christian churches and organizations, mainly from the Pacific Northwest. Cascades seeks to provide the very best in lodging, dining and recreational facilities to these groups through our camp host and staff.
What are the Qualifications Needed for Summer Staff?
In addition to asking that all summer staff have finished high school and are 18 years old, we also require:
- Relationship with Jesus Christ which reflects His love outward into the world.
- Willingness to work hard demonstrating a heart that desires to serve.
- Team Player, flexible and willing to shift to another role when asked and/or needed.
- Responsible and reliable, performing with excellence at all times.
What are the Start and End Dates for Summer Staff In 2013?
All Staff begin Sunday, June 21st. Ending dates vary with programs and school schedules. The earliest contracts end Saturday, August 3rd or 10th. Some staff may stay until Labor Day, working through Monday, September 2nd. (Staff are asked to work through the end of the work day on their contracted end date.)
**Priority may be given to applicants who are available for the full season, June 21st – September 2nd.
What is the Compensation?
Monthly salary ranges from $730 – $860. All lodging and meals are provided.