What goes on at Cascades during the summer months?
- Rainier Kids Day Camp hosts first through sixth grade students from our local Yelm area. Kids come and “get away” to camp five days a week and have tons of fun playing games, singing goofy songs at Jubilation, exploring the outdoors, and learning more about God.
- Brightwood Station is a railroad-themed camp that plays host to hundreds of elementary aged campers each summer. These campers experience traditional camp activities like arts and crafts, archery, singing songs around the campfire, and draw inspiration from God revealed through counselors and staff.
- Camp Timber Rock welcomes hundreds of middle school aged campers each summer who laugh, swim, and play all week. They are challenged by the truth of God’s word, inspirational speakers, and meaningful Bible studies. They also witness Christ’s love lived out in counselors and staff.
- Sunrise Ranch campers learn to ride and care for horses, enjoy crazy games, and ride through endless miles of beautiful forest trails. Drawn by a love of horses, they find the love of a Savior they can take home with them to change their lives forever.
- Family Camps for children and adults of all ages provide exciting recreation, motivating speakers, and a sense of belonging to the family of God.
- The Conference Center hosts over 14,000 guests year-round, of which 7,000 stay during summer months. These guests are groups of people from various Christian churches and organizations, mainly from the Pacific Northwest. Cascades seeks to provide the very best in lodging, dining, and recreational facilities to these groups through our camp host and staff.
What are the qualifications needed for summer staff?
In addition to asking that all summer staff have finished high school and are 18 years old, we also require:
- Relationship with Jesus Christ which reflects His love outward into the world.
- Willingness to work hard, demonstrating a heart that desires to serve.
- Team player, flexible and willing to shift to another role when asked and/or needed.
- Responsible and reliable, performing with excellence at all times.
What are the start and end dates for summer staff in 2018?
- Start Dates: The majority of our staff arrive on June 22nd, with some leadership positions beginning on June 18th. However, if you have a unique situation when it comes to your availability, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- End Dates: End dates vary with programs and school schedules, but generally range from August 4th – September 3rd. Priority may be given to applicants who are available for the full summer season, all the way through Labor Day.
What is the compensation?
- Salary: Monthly salary ranges from $768– $948, dependent on how many summers employee has served at Cascades. All lodging and meals are provided.
- Full Summer Season Bonus: Staff who commit to work the full summer season through Labor Day (June – September 3rd) will receive a $200 bonus with their final paycheck.
- Early Commitment Bonus: Staff who complete the entirety of the hiring process and accept an offer for employment within certain time periods will receive credit to be used at the Cascades espresso stand, gift store, or canteen when they arrive:
- By January 1st: $100 credit
- By February 1st: $75 credit
- By March 1st: $50 credit
- Refer-a-Friend Bonus: Refer a friend for summer staff at Cascades! If they accept an offer for employment, you’ll both receive $25 credit to be used at the Cascades espresso stand, gift store, or canteen when you arrive. (New applicant must mention referral’s name in their application.)
Ready to begin the process of applying for 2018 summer staff? We can’t wait to meet you!