2017 SUMMER STAFF APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
When you’re ready to begin the process of applying for summer staff 2017, fill out the online application, ask your reference(s) to fill out the online reference form, and submit your application.
What goes on at Cascades during the summer months?
- Rainier Kids Day Camp hosts first through sixth grade students from our local Yelm area. Kids come and “get away” to camp five days a week and have tons of fun playing games, singing goofy songs at Jubilation, exploring the outdoors, and learning more about God.
- Brightwood Station is a railroad-themed camp that plays host to hundreds of elementary aged campers each summer. These campers experience traditional camp activities like arts and crafts, archery, singing songs around the campfire, and draw inspiration from God revealed through counselors and staff.
- Camp Timber Rock welcomes hundreds of middle school aged campers each summer who laugh, swim, and play all week. They are challenged by the truth of God’s word, inspirational speakers, and meaningful Bible studies. They also witness Christ’s love lived out in counselors and staff.
- Sunrise Ranch campers learn to ride and care for horses, enjoy crazy games, and ride through endless miles of beautiful forest trails. Drawn by a love of horses, they find the love of a Savior they can take home with them to change their lives forever.
- Family Camps for children and adults of all ages provide exciting recreation, motivating speakers, and a sense of belonging to the family of God.
- The Conference Center hosts over 14,000 guests year-round, of which 7,000 stay during summer months. These guests are groups of people from various Christian churches and organizations, mainly from the Pacific Northwest. Cascades seeks to provide the very best in lodging, dining, and recreational facilities to these groups through our camp host and staff.
What are the qualifications needed for summer staff?
In addition to asking that all summer staff have finished high school and are 18 years old, we also require:
- Relationship with Jesus Christ which reflects His love outward into the world.
- Willingness to work hard, demonstrating a heart that desires to serve.
- Team player, flexible and willing to shift to another role when asked and/or needed.
- Responsible and reliable, performing with excellence at all times.
What are the start and end dates for summer staff in 2017?
All staff arrive on June 9th. End dates vary with programs and school schedules. The earliest contracts end July 29th. Some staff may stay until Labor Day, working through September 4th. (Staff are asked to work through the end of the work day on their contracted end date.)
**Priority may be given to applicants who are available for the full season (June 9th-September 4th). Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of flexibility with our start date, but do not hesitate to ask about your specific situation.
What is the compensation?
Monthly salary ranges from $768– $948. All lodging and meals are provided. Staff who commit to work the full season (June 9th-September 4th) will receive a $200 contract fulfillment bonus with their last paycheck.